5 th Edition of Foscolo Europe Top-Up fellowship
The Scientific Committee has unanimously agreed on the winners of the three top-ups 2019.
The three winning institutions are:
· Economics Department University of Bologna
· Einaudi Institute for Economics and Finance (EIEF)
· Department of Economics and Management University of Padova
6th Edition of EU ECON JM Best Paper Award
The five best papers selected by the Scientific Committee for this contest are (authors in alphabetical order):
· Jorge Abad - "Breaking the Sovereign-Bank Nexus"
· Milena Almagro - "Location Sorting and Endogenous Amenities: evidence from Amsterdam"
· Si Chen - "Motivated Information Acquisition in Social Decisions"
· Cathrin Mohr - "Carrots and Sticks: Targeting the Opposition in an Autocratic Regime"
· Bruno Pellegrino - "Product differentiation, oligopoly, and resource allocation"
In addition, the Scientific Committee assigned a special mention as runner-up paper to Roxana Mihet for her JM paper "Who Benefits from Innovations in Financial Technology?".
All the winners will be awarded in Rotterdam on the 18 dicembre 2019, during the event “Eu Job Market for Economists”.
7 th SUERF/UniCredit Foundation Research Prize
The Scientific Commission has selected the papers winners of the 7th SUERF/UniCredit Foundation Prize (authors in alphabetical order):
- Maxime Bonelli con il paper "Labor Mobility and Capital Misallocation“
- Heiko Jacobs e Sebastian Mueller con il paper “Anomalies across the globe: Once public, no longer existent?"
- Karamfil Todorov con il paper "Passive Investors Actively Impact Prices: Evidence from the Largest ETF Markets"
All the winners have been invited to present their papers at the conference in Milan at UniCredit, to be held 19 February 2020 (from 8:30 to 16:30)