Italy – Call for proposal 2011: Strategies for social cohesion for young people
Through the Call for proposal Strategies for social cohesion for young people UniCredit Foundation promoted employment projects for youths, aged between 15 and 29 years, living in particularly difficult situations due to conditions of vulnerability or marginalization.
The initiative is financed by UniCredit Carta E, the UniCredit ethical credit card.
The 7 winning projects:
- Exodus Onlus, Project A bridge for life, Matera: establishment of the laboratory for scholarship for labor inclusion of 10 young people, former drug addicts or former alcoholics, that are at the last stage of the rehabilitation program within Exodus Community.
- Cooperativa Sociale Studio e Progetto 2 Onlus, Project Social fingerprints, Oristano: distribution of vouchers targeted to enable start-up business for 3 teams (5 people in each) that will be the winners of the contest sponsored by the proposer’s company, aimed at the promotion of “good ideas” of young entrepreneurs. Apart from the financial support, the three winners can also benefit from the tutorial and coaching course, focused on business management.
- Cooperativa Sociale N.O.I., Project Jump into job, Castelfranco Veneto (Treviso): creation of social enterprise with 10 disabled young people.
- Cooperativa Sociale Madre Teresa, Project Fingers in the pie, Reggio Emilia: labor inclusion in handmade pasta factory for 5 young women in difficulty with children.
- Il Carro Cooperativa Sociale, Project Saint Tarcisio, Paullo (Milan): 7 internships, targeted to the young people in vulnerable conditions, aimed at providing employment within the bar of the public park San Tarcisio di Paullo.
- Cooperativa Le Soleil, Project Spes@labor.com, Turin: admission of 16 young people detained in the Penal Institution Ferrante Aportu, to the chocolate production laboratory.
- Cooperativa Sociale Azione Sociale, Project The best lunc”, Messina: interventions to support employment in the catering sectored for 10 young people with mental health problems.
The projects participated in the initiative Your Choice, Your Project - Italy; the votes from UniCredit employees made it possible to award an additional prize to the project Fingers in the pie.