Italy - Call for proposal 2011 – Social cohesion strategies for elderly people
UniCredit Foundation launched a call for proposal, Social cohesion strategies for elderly people, to promote projects facing the isolation of the elderly and problems linked to the increase in disabling pathologies, supporting families in caring for elderly relatives and including active participation of the elderly.
The initiative is financed by UniCredit Carta E, the UniCredit ethic credit card.
Here are the selected five projects:
- Open the doors - Comunità di S. Egidio – ACAP Onlus, Rome;
- Grandparents with us - La Cisile Società Cooperativa Sociale, Moraro (Gorizia);
- Like home only at home - Associazione Comunità Papa Giovanni XXIII Onlus, Rimini-Forlì-Cuneo;
- AggregAnziani - Associazione Centro di Accoglienza Padre Nostro Onlus, Palermo;
- The Tent - Fondazione Aquilone Onlus, Milan.
The 5 projects participated in the initiative Your Choice, Your Project - Italy; the votes from UniCredit employees made it possible to award an additional prize to the project Like home only at home.
In the context of the Universo Non Profit Award event, another 6 organizations were prized, judged as being worthy of honorable mention in their particular areas of interest:
- Alzheimers at home: rehabilitate and support - Officina AIAS Società Cooperativa, Verona;
- Together for the Elderly - Auser Piemonte, Novara;
- Vital GenerActions - GIS - Gruppo di Impegno Sociale Onlus, Naples;
- Cybernetics grandparents - Cooperativa CISS, Tricase (Lecce);
- Grandparents with us del Centro Italiano di Solidarietà don Mario Picchi, Rome;
- Continuous qualità assistance for the elderly - Cooperativa Nuova Dimensione, Perugia.